Greenkill Outdoor Education Center
The Greenkill Outdoor Education Center provides safe and educational programs for students through a holistic approach that tailors each trip to a school’s specific needs. Our professional staff meet their students’ learning level and build interest and enthusiasm to effectively teach.
Through guided discovery, communal living, hands on exploration, and engaging their peers students will build character development and learn the interrelationships that exist socially and in nature.
Your students will build character:
- Learn leadership, communication, and respect
- Gain self-confidence from traveling away from home
- Forge new and deeper friendships with peers
Your students will learn social and natural interrelationships:
- Experience positive relationships through communal living
- Human impact on the environment
- Environmental impact on society
- Awareness of current environmental issues
Our classes are supportive tools for teachers to use as an extension or as a complement to the traditional in-school curriculum. All classes adhere to New York State Department of Education standards and can be easily tailored to meet specific needs of teachers and students.
Please feel free to contact me today to schedule a personal tour, or to discuss a trip for your school/district.
Outdoor Education Director